Job Description and Qualifications
The Center for Research in Economics and Management (NIPE) of the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho is offering an Assistant Researcher position in Economics. The international call is open for different areas of Economics. Researchers will be encouraged to work with full members of the research center and pursue their own research agenda. Applicants are required to hold a PhD degree in Economics completed 10 years ago or less. Additional requirements include: (i) At least two scientific papers, in the specific areas of the competition, published or submitted, in international scientific journals indexed in the Journal of Citation reports.; (ii) proficiency in English language.
Application Process and Deadline
Applicants should send the following documents to indicating in “Subject” the “Ref. CTTI-40/20 – NIPE (1)”, before October 28, 2020
- Copy of certificate or degree diploma;
- Detailed curriculum vitae
(should indicate the candidate’s identifiers in scientific publication indexing services, namely “ORCID iD”, “Scopus Author ID” and “Researcher ID”);
- Motivation Letter;
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: one from the doctoral supervisor and another from other academic qualified to give well-founded comments on the applicant's eligibility; the letters should be sent directly by the reviewers to ;
- Copy of the 2 most relevant papers, selected by the candidate as most representative of his/her contribution to the advance of the Economics research area;
- Summary of the research project (maximum 2 A4 pages);
- Other relevant documents to assess the candidate’s ability in the field.
Please, before you send our application, read the official call
carefully for all application details and selection criteria:
Work Location and Salary
The work location is the School of Economics and Management of the University of Minho – Campus de Gualtar, Braga, Portugal.
The monthly salary (pre-tax) is 3.201,40 Euros.
The contract is for 4 years and can be extended annually for two additional years.